I have just moved to a new RH 9 (a customized by my company distribution)
box, with a newly compiled GIMP 1.2.5. I haven't played with it much, but I
would very much like to remove about 100 of the fonts in my text tool.

My font path includes the unix:/7100, but how do I remove fonts from that
location? Everything I find on the web is about adding the font server, but
I want much less of it. How do I do that?

I have successfully added y old friend fonts from my old box.

There was a very nice tutorial mentioned a few months ago, but it is now
gone. I can't believe I'm the only one struggling with hordes of unwanted
fonts (or fonts that make GIMP crash)

Thanks-

Jim Clark