Jim Clark <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> I tried yesterday to explain this problem, but since I got no reply, and
> usually this list is very helpful, I will assume it was the incoherency of
> the description. I have made some visual aids and placed them at:
> http://www.llywelyn.net/docs/misc/font.html

Looks like a wrong mapping between glyph index and character code.
Might be related to the locale you use, could be a broken font or a
bug in the X-Server. I haven't seen this before. My advice for fonts
is to forget about the 1.2 text tool or the Dynamic text plug-in and
either use gimp-freetype (freetype.gimp.org) or update to GIMP-1.3.

Gimp-user mailing list

Reply via email to