"Sven Neumann" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> > > Which begs for the question: why is current gimp not extended to
> > include the film-gimp specific features?
> Who says it isn't? GAP already provides quite a lot of that
> functionality (and more). Other features such as support for more
> color spaces are being worked on.

For me, the most important feature of filmgimp/cinepaint is the
support for greater than 8 bits per color component (16 bit integer
and 32 bit floating point).

> The cinepaint developers clearly expressed that they are not
> interested in such a merge.

Last week I attended a public meeting chaired by the cinepaint project
lead.  I know very little about the reasons behind the cinepaint/gimp
split.  I do think it's unfortunate that the split is hindering the
development of an open-source image editing program combining the
richness and maturity of gimp 1.2/1.3/2.0 with the color precision of

Do you Yahoo!?