On Sun, 28 Sep 2003 Tom Williams <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi!  Is there a way to control the JPEG image quality settings for the
> JPEG images that can be generated by the "Perl-o-tine" filter?  I'm
> finding the quality of the JPEGs that are generated by the filter are of
> lower quality than the source JPEG or XCF file used as the source for
> the "Perl-o-tine" filter.
> I'm using Gimp 1.2.5 on Slackware 8 Linux.

We're having the same problem with gimp on Red Hat.  I would love it if
someone would take the time to update this feature and I'm sure a lot of
the end users would particularly appreciate it too.  Our designers end up
doing these things by hand or using external tools which seems like such a
waste since perl-o-tine is so close to making this really pain-free to do
entirely within gimp.

No, no, you're not thinking, you're just being logical.
-Niels Bohr, physicist (1885-1962)