On Friday 07 November 2003 14:13, Jonathan Bartlett wrote:
>If it's a PDF file, why not just print through lpr?
>
>lpr -#50 target.pdf

Unforch, I have only two working methods to print something, and lpr
isn't one of them.  I can print a test page correctly from cups
(1.1.19), and I can print about anything I can import into the GIMP.

Anything else sent to any of my 4 printer cues, for 2 seperate
printers, actually comes out as a full bleed, light grey sheet of
paper.  Nothing else, no odd patterns or anything, just a full bleed
light grey sheet comes out of the printers.

I posted it to the cups list and was apparently ignored, no replies
for 2 posts asking about it.

One thing I haven't tried is to print to file, using that ppd, and
then do a 4 or 5 line bash script to copy it to the printer.  I used
to do that on my amiga so I could reprint a book as many times as I
wanted, by just copying the page files to the printer again.
Eventually of course, one must do space patrol and delete the page
files to make room for the next big printing project :(

But that seems like really beating around 720 acres of the bush to me.

>On Fri, 7 Nov 2003, Joao S. O. Bueno wrote:
>> Save it in another format, and open in staroffice instead,.

I believe OOo can open a pdf, so no file conversion would be needed,
but the last time I checked, OOo was among the ones printing the
plain grey pages.

>> Sorry, there is as bug filed about this in the GIMP, but there
>> seens to be no developer with the time to revamp the printing
>> dialog/system as of now.
>>
>> :-(
>>
>> On Friday 07 November 2003 3:50 pm, Gene Heskett wrote:
>> > Greetings;
>> >
>> > I have a target practice target.pdf file that I'd like to print
>> > about 50 copies of.  Unforch, selecting print, it takes about
>> > 6-7 minutes to render each one, but only about 1:30 to print it
>> > once rendered. The print selector has no box for number of
>> > copies, so its taking me about 10 minutes per page whereas it
>> > should be only 1:30 once the render is done.
>> >
>> > Is there anything I can do about this?
>>
>> --
>>
>> Este e-mail é, exceto pelas partes citadas
>> de outros e-mails, copyright(c) de João Sebastião
>> de Oliveira Bueno. Nenhuma cópia deste e-mail ou
>> parte do mesmo pode existir nas dependências
>> de, ou em posse de funcionários, de associações
>> protetoras de direitos autorais Brasileiras,
>>  dos Estados Unidos da América, ou de outros
>> países. Em particular essa exceção do direito
>> de leitura e posse deste e-mail se extende à
>> ABRA, ABPI, ABES, BSA, RIAA e MPAA. Violadores
>> estão infringindo as leis internacionais de
>> direitos autorais e sujeitos às penalidades cabíveis.
>> Você pode re-utilizar, emendar,  acrescentar
>> suas palavras e citar e re-enviar qualquer
>> parte do mesmo, desde que essa nota seja
>> preservada e se não pertencer a alguma
>> das entidades supracitadas.

Cheers, Gene
AMD [EMAIL PROTECTED] 320M