Hi,

Henrik Brix Andersen wrote:
> On Tue, 2003-11-11 at 22:32, Bob Lockie wrote:
> > I want to creat an icon file so that I can specify a shortcut icon in my
> > HTML but apparently the gimp (1.2.5) I have cannot read or write
> > (Windows?) icon files.
>
> There is a plug-in for gimp-1.2 called winicon which can load/save MS
> Windows .ico files. You can find it on
> http://registry.gimp.org/plugin?id=2223

I thought that .ico files were (more or less) BMPs with size
limitations (16x16, 32x32, etc), in which case you could save
your file with the extension .ico selecting the type to be BMP.

Just checking that works... Yup. Works fine. You can't get
transparency though - the bmp plug-in doesn't support it.

Cheers,
Dave.

--
       David Neary,