Nick Wilson wrote:

> Does anyone know if there is a way to 'batch resize'? - I have about
> 1000 images that all need to be 20% of the original size...

If you want to stay inside Gimp, try David's Batch Processor
(DBP) at
It provides the most common operations, lets you set up the
effect you want, then runs all your files through the same
processing. Linux only, I'm afraid, although I believe there's
a Windows version somewhere on the Web. Current version is for
Gimp 1.2, but I've got the Gimp 1.3 version nearly ready to go.

David Hodson  --  this night wounds time