Nick Wilson wrote:

> Does anyone know if there is a way to 'batch resize'? - I have about
> 1000 images that all need to be 20% of the original size...

If you want to stay inside Gimp, try David's Batch Processor
(DBP) at http://members.ozemail.com.au/~hodsond/dbp.html
It provides the most common operations, lets you set up the
effect you want, then runs all your files through the same
processing. Linux only, I'm afraid, although I believe there's
a Windows version somewhere on the Web. Current version is for
Gimp 1.2, but I've got the Gimp 1.3 version nearly ready to go.

--
David Hodson  --  this night wounds time