On Fri, 14 Nov 2003 19:02:17 +0100
Jakub Steiner <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I usually use features from the layer menu without adding shortcuts for
> them. A simple Alt+L,C,C gets me the curve tool, Alt+L,C,L the levels
> tool. There's a couple of functions I use as often. Mnemonics are a
> default so wherever I go, they work (on the same locale).
ALT-L,C,C sounds not like easy and ergonomic to me. Don't know for you
but for me ALT-L with only one hand is not ergonomic. Then three letters
to memorize for each function to call it's not easy.
And for the localisation I hope (but I am not sure ) that all the translator
really check all menus and dialogs to avoid letters duplications.

> So please don't play down their usefulness. I love them.
You are a  Gimp 'power user' and you are probably a good keyboard player,
no doubt that you can achieve something powerful with mnemonics.
But you probably understand that consedering the wide range of Gimp users and
the world of artists it's hard for me to imagine a large usefulness.