Select a rectangular area and extend it as the 2 vertical edges of the rectangle fit the 2 vertical lines. Then choose the colour, select the fill tool and pour the paint into the selected area.

Thanks a lot, Jean-Luc! Unfortunately, your method requires a high precision of one's hand. Is there no other method requiring less precision of one's hand?

Paulo

Dear All

I am a novice user of GIMP and I would like to know how to fill with the grey colour the region between two vertical lines. Could someone here please help me?

Thank you a lot in advance!

Paulo