Hi all,

I just bought a scanner.  It was at a good price (since they were trying
to get rid of Christmas stock).  I was hoping someone could help me figure
out if it's a good scanner or not.  I use GIMP for amateur photo editing,
and I want to get an idea of what I can expect to do with this scanner
plus GIMP.

This is an HP "scanjet" 4500c.  I paid $50 CAN for it (~$30 USD) including
a warranty (from a reputable retailer).

The box says that the scan resolution goes up to 2,400 dpi, but I don't
know if that's optical (real) resolution, or interpolated resolution.  And
the user manual doesn't say.

Does anyone know anything about this scanner?

Thanks a lot.

Daniel Carrera | Top 100 things you don't want your sysadmin to say.
PhD student.   |
Math Dept. UMD | 25. Nobody was using that file /vmunix, were they?