Joao S. O. Bueno wrote:

And what would these do? :-)
Just yesterday I was thinking that implementing "effect layers" - for example, automatically applying one or more of the existing filters to a layer, while leaving it's pixels' values unchanged would not be that hard.

Is this what you are talking about?

I believe that is how the feature is photoshop works. But yes, that is want I meant. There has been some discussion (mostly in irc or at the gimpcon) about how gegl's architecture could lend itself to implementing things like that efficiently. Nothing solid (like code) has been hashed out (except for the code already in gegl).

--
Dan