> HI
>
> Thanks for the advice.  As you can see I typed gimp-1.3 in a terminal
> and got the following.
>
>> [EMAIL PROTECTED] david]$ gimp-1.3
>> gimp-1.3: error while loading shared libraries:
>> libgimpcolor-1.3.so.24: cannot open shared object file: No such file
>> or directory
I had that happen too (first time I've seen this problem for Gimp-1.3.x
releases).

This is what I did (and it worked).
After doing 'make install' (I use 'checkinstall' by the way), you'll need
to make sure the directory where 'libgimpcolor-1.3.so.24' is installed is
included in the file /etc/ld.so.conf.  In my case I believe it was
/usr/local/lib

Now type 'ldconfig' as root.

Eric