Sven Neumann wrote:
> I don't think GIMP does anything special before opening the
> file selector. It might be the file selector itself that
> causes the delay. Do you observe similar problems with other
> file selectors (for example when exporting a path or loading
> curves presets)?

You're probably right as other file selectors are the same.  It takes about
2 seconds before the selector opens.  Changing the tile cache size appears
not to affect this.  Not a big issue really, just something I had noticed.
This might even not be present in later versions.  As I said I only use GIMP
occasionally on this machine so I haven't bothered to upgrade from version

Steve Crane