Oops, that should have gone to the Mailinglist as well...

Void lon iXaarii ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) wrote:
>    I thought gimp 2 was due to end of february. when is it expected?
>    Is
> there any way of subscribing to a list or something with announcements
> of each version ... for windows...  ?

Subscribe to gimp-announce and you'll get the announcements of new gimp
versions. Gimp 2 will be released when it is ready to be released.

Meanwhile please help us finding bugs in gimp 2.0pre4.

> PS: gimp seems to me like dead software for the simple reason that the
> gimp.org seems to be very un-updated:
> 1) *WWW.GIMP.ORG will soon get a facelift! announcement there for ages
> and yet everything still unchanged by time (not even new screenshots
> for
> 2.0)

Feel free to join the gimp web development.

> 2)  I'm back to being a windows user. (unfortunatelly?) a large
> percentage of artists still are. Still getting a good gimp is like
> scratching your left ear with your right side. I go to gimp.org,
> download, ... there there's this tiny note with a link to gimp for
> windows .. then "download"... which if I go to leads to a very
> confusing
> page with many many links ...  and still none of them contained gimp
> pre
> 2 ... then over there again I hunt for a non-obvious link to "gimp
> installer"  (http://www2.arnes.si/~sopjsimo/gimp/) ... and only then
> via
> de development version was I able to get a pre4. This sucks. I mean
> it's
> like .. umm ... it's like 7 clicks away from gimp.org. I mean ... well
> .. isn't gimp for artists ? .. or is it's target audience only
> linuxers
> and I used to be a linuxer for a while .. and still I didn't like
> compiling from sources ...  I see here small problems which with small
> modifications on the part of the right people could do a IMO
> signifiant
> improovement to Gimp publicity.

Again: feel free to enhance the win32 part of the gimp pages.
Checkout the gimp-web-devel module from cvs and submit patches.

Bye,
        Simon

--
      [EMAIL PROTECTED]       http://www.home.unix-ag.org/simon/