On 8 Mar 2004 at 0:08, Void lon iXaarii wrote:

>     I thought gimp 2 was due to end of february. when is it expected? Is
> there any way of subscribing to a list or something with announcements
> of each version ... for windows...  ?

GIMP 2.0 will be ready when it is ready.

gimp-user is a good list to be subrscibed to. If you want to know what going on
with developemnt, you should subscribe to gimp-developer. For a more win32-
specific list, try http://groups.yahoo.com/group/gimpwin-users/

> 2)  I'm back to being a windows user. (unfortunatelly?) a large
> percentage of artists still are. Still getting a good gimp is like
> scratching your left ear with your right side. I go to gimp.org,
> download, ... there there's this tiny note with a link to gimp for
> windows .. then "download"... which if I go to leads to a very confusing
> page with many many links ...  and still none of them contained gimp pre
> 2 ... then over there again I hunt for a non-obvious link to "gimp
> installer"  (http://www2.arnes.si/~sopjsimo/gimp/) ... and only then via

Oh, come on. This page is linked to directly from www.gimp.org, and it's
purpose is described in the second paragraph of

> de development version was I able to get a pre4. This sucks. I mean it's
> like .. umm ... it's like 7 clicks away from gimp.org.

4 clicks if you read the text in the downloads page, 2 if you read