Sven Neumann wrote:

I don't understand why people are ignoring this offer but it looks as
if noone is interested in the gimp.org web presence. This is a shame
since the new site is in my opinion already a lot better than the
current www.gimp.org. So perhaps someone on this list wants to help to
get mmmaybe.gimp.org ready for the 2.0 release?

What kind of expertise/skill-set is needed to be helpful in this transition? I can give it time if I was directed on what to do, and I know how to do it. I just subscribed to gimp-web and will check out gimp-web from CVS shortly.

For what it's worth, I am "interested" in the gimp's web presence.

Harish