On Mon, 8 Mar 2004, Dave Neary wrote:

> Date: Mon, 08 Mar 2004 13:31:53 +0100
> From: Dave Neary <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> To: Gimp Developer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>,
> Subject: [Gimp-user] Press pack requests
> Hi all,
> The 2.0 release is getting closer, and there are still some thing missing from
> the press pack we want to send out.
> - Could native english speakers who have a few minutes please look at the
> "What's new in GIMP 2.0" page (http://wiki.gimp.org/gimp/WhatsNew) and correct
> any grammar problems?

The document starts with a TODO note that hopefully will be removed

User Interface section of the document
(hrrm relative link doesn't seem to work).

"Be careful, though, not to use existing keyboard accelerator sequences.
What will happen is that you will get the new keybinding you have
requested and the old one will quietly and without warning be removed and
no longer have that keybinding.

(the next sentence 'probably' needs to be changed and as it mentions
replacing the menurc it would be much more helpful if it clearly stated
what exactly you replace it with and how, that is you can replace it by
removing menurc and renaming ps-menurc to menurc)

The section 'Other Improvements' has an item  [WHAT OTHER IMPORTANT
THINGS] that should be removed.  Perhaps replace it with a link to the
full changelog?

I cannot see any grammatical errors but that doesn't mean there aren't any
all that is really needed is a little editorial cleanup.

However as a user I'm fascinated by part of the closing statement
"Gimp can already do many things that are difficult or impossible with
Photoshop" and I would love if the author or anyone else could elaborate
on this.  It would make a very good pulicity piece to accompany the
release notes.

> - high-res screenshots of The GIMP showing new features are welcome. Examples of
> the kind of screenshots which are interesting are here:
>   http://jimmac.musichall.cz/stuff/private/gimp-2/html/index.xhtml
>   http://developer.gimp.org/screenshots.html

weird. mozilla (at the top of the browser tab) says the following
screenshot is PNG

- Alan H