Hi,

Richard Fieldsend <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> I would like to use the Script-Fu 'Bovination' to create a whole
> load of banners. I can do this by using Gimp interactively, but
> ideally I'd like to be able to do a command line call, passing text
> as part of the call.
>
> Is this possible? If so, how? I've tried the mail archives but drawn
> a blank...

google "gimp batch" -> http://adrian.gimp.org/batch/batch.html

This document is quite old but I think it's still valid.

> And (this is only a 'nice to have'), ideally I'd like to save to a
> transparent png file without the background. Is that possible (or
> would it require rewriting the script-fu).

I guess you'd have to change the script, but it should be trivial to
do that. Look at it this way: all the logo scripts that we ship are
just there as examples of what you can do with Script-Fu. You are not
supposed to really use these scripts. After all that would be quite
boring. Instead, have a look at the script, figure out how it achieves
the effect, then adapt it to your needs, use your creativity and make
it MyLogo.scm ;)

Sven