I have another question - is it possible through settings to make GIMP to display the size of rectangular selection, excluding non-image area? Current realization displays the size of the whole selection, even if the part of the selection is outside image boundaries.

If it's impossible, should I fill an issue?

Sven Neumann wrote:
Hi,

"Kevin Myers" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

Is there any way that I can write a GIMP add-in that can obtain the
coordinates of user mouse clicks in the main GIMP image window?  My
add-in needs the user to be able to click on specific locations
within the main image window in order to obtain various coordinates
for subsequent processing.

No, there isn't. All you can do is to show a representation of the
image in the plug-in dialog and have the user click there.

--
With respect
Alexander Rabtchevich