On Thursday 25 March 2004 06:42 am, Sven Neumann wrote:
> Hi,

> There's a page explaining how GIMP 2.0 handles fonts at
> gimp.org:
>
>  http://www.gimp.org/unix/fonts.html

This reference is what I needed. But it raises two more
questions:
1. The freefont collection and sharefont collection used
with previous versions of Gimp have only pfb files and not
afm files. Does this mean that they cannot be used with the
Pango/Fontconf/Gimp combo?

2. For better viewing the above combination appears to alias
certain type 1 fonts to Truetype. However for printing I
prefer the real Type 1 fonts.  Should I disable these
aliases?
--
John Culleton
Able Typesetters and Indexers