On Friday 26 March 2004 10:19 am, Sven Neumann wrote:
> Hi,
> Dave Neary <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
> > Weird. This looks like something that happened back in
> > the pre-releases when the postscript plug-in was
> > changed from ps to postscript, but people still had the
> > old one hanging about. Perhaps this is an older
> > plug-in? Alternatively, perhaps your plug-in cache
> > hasn't updated - you might like to remove
> > .gimp-2.0/pluginrc since this will be generated from
> > actually requesting the plug-ins to register
> > themselves.
> Just FYI: after a change of the protocol version number
> (as was done with the 2.0.0 release), an old pluginrc
> will not be used.
> Sven
I went to another Linux partition which had never had any
form of gimp but the gimp 1.2.3 as installed by Slackware.
I removed it using the Slack utility pkgtool. After some
fussing around with permissions and a reboot I got Gimp
2.0.0 to compile, run, and read and write Postscript files.
I tested it under root and under my usual user name.

I still haven't got the glitches out of my primary
partition, so when I need to use 2.0 I will just boot the
other partition. There are some files hidden somewhere that
I can't find that are preventing a usable product. I'll
just wait until the next partition swap time and install
2.0 from scratch.

Thanks for all assistance.
John Culleton
Able Typesetters and Indexers