Running _ldconfig_ did the trick.

Jean-Luc Coulon (f5ibh) wrote:

Le 23.04.2004 23:14:11, Brad Kligerman a écrit :

Hi again.

I compiled gimp-2.0.1 relatively painlessly, but when I try to start it from a command line, I get the following error:

In which path did you build gimp ? /usr/local ? /opt/<something> ?

You should add the path to the library in your /etc/ and rerun ldconfig

or write a wrapper like this one (I suppose in theis case gimp has been built with ./configure --prefix=/opt/gimp-2.0):

#! /bin/sh

        - Jean-Luc

$ gimp-2.0
gimp-2.0: error while loading shared libraries: libgimpwidgets-2.0. so.0: cannot

I also noticed that in neither my home or root directories, was the . gimp-2.0 directory was not created??
Can anyone help me out with this one? Thanks.