-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of dreadnought
Sent: Sunday, May 09, 2004 12:58 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: [Gimp-user] Making an image with a white background
transparent?

Hi Harish,

That worked awesome!  The transparency looks much better than what one of my
coworkers pumped out in Macromedia Fireworks .. I have one problem though,
alluded to in the tutorial you mentioned.  There's a graphic in the logo I'm
working on that was some white in it, which got removed by the Color To
Alpha procedure.  The tutorial mentions painting underneath the image to
replace the white that should be part of the graphic, but doesn't go into
how to do this?

Thanks again for the advice,

Mark