On Tue, Apr 27, 2004 at 02:57:42AM -0600, Linux GIMP wrote:
> Hi everyone.  Sorry if this is a dumb question, but...
>
> I have been using GIMP 2.0 for a while now with my Gentoo box (in case
> that factors in) and I'm wondering what happened to the dynamic text and
> glow filters?  I used the bejezus out of those things now they seem to
> be gone.  I have looked about, thinking maybe they moved, but no such
> luck.  What is the story?

about dynamic text.  if it was included in the gimp source ever it was
only for a little while.  as far as i know the plug-in has not been
updated.

there are two suggestions.  I dont know if you have double clicked on
the texttool button yet to see the tooloptions available there -- that
should help some.

the other text option is the freetype plug-in located at
http://freetype.gimp.org.

guash was written by the same author and it doesnt yet seem available
for gimp2 either.

carol