First time post =) First time I haven't been able to figure it out on my own in the
three years I've been using The Gimp, so here goes the scenario.

I followed the tutorial on making custom brushes, but I want it to use the color on
the palette. I've tried saving it in .gbr and .gih and both just make the brush paint
in black - also it creates a duplicate, creating a grass and grass#2. The way I'm
creating them is I go to File>New, create a 40x40 image at 100x100 resolution in RGB
with a transparent background. Then I take my pencil brush, 1x1 circle, black and draw
the lines I want, then save in my custom directory, in which The Gimp already looks to
seek custom brushes. So what am I doing wrong?

Thanks a lot,
Trisha