Dave S <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> Im finding my way around Gimp-2.0 but have a couple of queries about
> the text tool..
> Firstly, how do you create text at an angle, on gimp 1.2.3 it had an
> angle dialogue in the dyntext dialogue, I cannot find one in
> gimp-2.0.

Rotated text will hopefully be included in gimp-2.2. If you need
rotated text with gimp-2.0, I suggest you use the Freetype plug-in
(see http://freetype.gimp.org/).

> Secondly (& this is driving me mad !) Once the text has been
> entered, you cannot just grab and move it, you have to select the
> layer, select move, then move it. If its the wrong size, you have to
> re-select the layer, T then select the text, then adjust the font,
> colour.... Is there an easier way that I have overlooked ?

The plan is to allow to move the text layer using the text tool but
that's not yet implemented. For now you can use the Space key to
temporarily switch to the move tool. That's not ideal but it makes
things easier.