On Thursday 03 June 2004 10:00, Jean-Luc Coulon (f5ibh) wrote:
> Le 03.06.2004 14:27:08, Sven Neumann a écrit :
> > Hi,
> >
> > it's about seven weeks since we branched the CVS tree and there is
> > now
> > a first development snapshot of GIMP 2.1 available from ftp.gimp.org
> > and it's mirrors:
> >
> >    http://gimp.org/downloads/#mirrors
> >
> > This is an unstable development release. It certainly has bugs and
> > there are a number of unfinished hacks. We are nevertheless
> > interested
> > in your feedback and would like you to file bug reports for crashes
> > and non-obvious problems.
>
> [ ... ]
>
> I've built the cvs several time, just to see if I have everything
> needed on my system.
> After the incoming of gtk-2.4 on Debian sid, everything went fine...
> about compilation and run.
>
> I've anyway a couple of question :
> 1 - localization : I've not found the way the localization is done (if
> done) with the new xml menu structure.

hmm. I ran into this as well. It's done just the sameway, what happens is that
the .po files in CVS are not up to date. All you have to do is to proceed to
the .po directory and type #../intltool-update <locale_code>
(and update the translation).

> 2 - gtk-2.4 file chooser : I've not found the way to enter a filename
> from the keyboard but only a graphical, "mouse friendly" menu. Is there
> a way to select a file in a classical way ? With the previous versions,
> it was easy, even the gtk+ completion was fine.
Well...
this is just a _blocker_ bug introduced in the new GTK. The GIMP will
certainly have to override this keyboardless file chooser at some point.

> --
> Regards
>               - Jean-Luc

Regards,