On Mon, 14 Jun 2004, Jakub Steiner wrote:

> Date: Mon, 14 Jun 2004 20:18:03 +0200
> From: Jakub Steiner <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> To: Carol Spears <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Cc: GIMPUser <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Subject: Re: [Gimp-user] a gimp file-selector
>
> On Mon, 2004-06-14 at 09:55 -0700, Carol Spears wrote:
>
> > i have a feeling that someone like jimmac and/or tigert could design a
> > file selector that would be more for the gimps needs and not a generic
> > answer everyones needs (not gimps) widget and at least one of the gimp
> > developers could easily put one together.
>
> I would rather address some of the issues with the new fileselector and
> use the possibility to extend it rather than going for something
> completely different. The Ctrl+L entry needs some love indeed, but
> especially the save dialog is very dandy.

I think this would be very wise.

There is an outstanding bug report requesting a way to have the location
bar always be shown (i posted a link in an ealier thread on the developer
list).

There are many applications besides the GIMP that want/need a thumbnail
preview in their filechooser, so if the gtk developers knew what was
required there could be extended version of the standard file
selector that could benifit more than just the GIMP.

- Alan.