On Mon, Jun 21, 2004 at 06:55:13PM -0500, Keifer Miller wrote:
> ok, to be honest, I don't even know if I'm in the right list or not. I
> really couldn't tell from the discriptions. If not, please point me in
> the right direction.
>
> Anyways, I just emerged gimp, and I'm having problems saveing (and
> opening) .png files. When I try, it gives me this error message:
>

> [error]
> saving '/home/me/example.png failed:
> Plug-in could not save image
> [/error]

i dont know about emerge -- but it is unclear here that there was
problems opening png images up.

if there is only a problem saving them, perhaps it is a permission
problem.  if there is a problem both opening and saving pngs, then there
might be something wrong with your png libraries.

is it possible to just build it (even once as a test) without "emerge"?
meaning, run through the basic make tools without the aid of the package
handler?  then it would be easier to determine if it is gimp or your
distribution.

carol