On Sun, 2004-07-11 at 23:35 +0200, Jaap Haitsma wrote:
Hi,

I want to make an animated gif of the gnome throbber of nautilus. I got
the original png which contains a rectangle containing the 35 frames. I
cut these out and put them in a seperate layer in GIMP. If I then play
the animation in GIMP or save it as an animated GIF and then play it.
The toes of the gnome foot seem to leave something behind
See:
http://ftp.haitsma.org/gnome-throbber.gif

Looks like you're using combine as a frame disposal method while you need replace. Also note, that GIF cannot handle alpha channel, so you'll still end up having aliased contour of the gnome throbber. If you know your target background color, you can flatten or semi-flatten prior to indexing.

cheers

--
Jakub Steiner <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>