On Sun, 25 Jul 2004 21:49:52 -0400
"Rob Davenport" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote the words:

> I was just doing something similar for an Emacs icon for the Windows
> port.  I used Gimp to convert (and edit the image I was using
> somewhat)  and saved it as .jpg (although I think .png or even .bmp
> might be better) and then used XNView to do the final adjustments
> (make sure the colormap was correct - 256 colors, with the right one
> marked as the transparent color) and saved it as an .ico from XNView.
> <http://www.xnview.com> - a great tool and free too.
> If you have any questions, let me know.
> Rob

Another good idea, I knew I was asking the right people.  Actually I
already use xnview and you are correct, it is a great program.  I should
have thought of that also...

I was working late at night, you can tell my brain was hazy.

On The Fly Photography -:- Creation From Chaos

On The Fly Photography:  204EastSouth.com
Modeling Projects:  204EastSouth.com/current.htm
Photography:  204EastSouth.com/photo.htm
Purchase from On The Fly:  www.cafepress.com/onthefly

phone: 970-419-8976