Hi,

Quoting Justin Gombos <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
> How do I restrict movement to be either horizontal or vertical?
>
> I tried holding shift, control, and alt, and no luck.

Using the cursors is how I usually handle this. With the move tool selected,
Shift selects the active layer rather than the topmost layer underneath the
cursor, Control moves a path, and Alt moves a selection (rather than its
contents).

When moving a selection with the cursors, Shift-cursor moves the selection by a
larger amount (26 pixels, I just checked, no idea why).

Cheers,
Dave.

--
Dave Neary