ivanova ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) wrote:
> Is there any way to do something similar to the defringe tool in
> photoshop? I played around a bit without good results in gimp, but I'm
> still new and probably don't know all the tools that well. 

Ok, I don't know Photoshop so I am not sure if this really is equivalent
but you can try this:

Do   <Image>->Layer->Transparency->Alpha to Selection
then <image>->Select->Shrink  (by the desired amount)
then <Image>->Select->Invert
and finally <Image>->Edit->Clear.

This will make your motive a little bit smaller but will also remove
the fringing artefacts.

Hope this helps,

              [EMAIL PROTECTED]              http://simon.budig.de/
Gimp-user mailing list

Reply via email to