On Tuesday 10 August 2004 01:31 pm, Simon Budig wrote:
> ivanova ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) wrote:
> > Is there any way to do something similar to the defringe tool in
> > photoshop? I played around a bit without good results in gimp, but I'm
> > still new and probably don't know all the tools that well.
> Ok, I don't know Photoshop so I am not sure if this really is equivalent
> but you can try this:
> Do   <Image>->Layer->Transparency->Alpha to Selection
> then <image>->Select->Shrink  (by the desired amount)
> then <Image>->Select->Invert
> and finally <Image>->Edit->Clear.
> This will make your motive a little bit smaller but will also remove
> the fringing artefacts.
> Hope this helps,
>        Simon

If you also feather the selection a bit that will help improve the over-all 

Gimp-user mailing list

Reply via email to