On 11 Aug 2004 10:37:50 +0200
Sven Neumann <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi,
> Dave Neary <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
> > Quoting ivanova <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
> >
> > > Is it possible to change the size/hardness of the brushes with
> > > keyboard shotcuts?
> >
> > This is possible in 2.1 (at least for brush size), since brush size
> > controls are now available in the menus. You can use dynamic
> > shortcuts to assign a key to increasing/decreasing brush size, and
> > it's a one-touch operation. You can't change this while drawing,
> > however.
> Sorry, but this information is not correct.
> In 2.1 you can assign keyboard shortcuts (or events from other input
> devices, for example a midi keyboard) to all brush parameters
> (size/angle/hardness/shape/spikes). Since there's no menu for it, you
> can't assign the shortcut dynamically but have to use the shortcut
> editor in the preferences dialog.

Thanks, I am trying 2.1.3 out now and I have a few questions:

What is the difference between the settings in the 'Input Controllers' menu and
the 'Interface' menu.
I can't seem to change the keyboard settings for Input Controllers and when I
try to change keyboard settings in the Interface menu, gimp segfaults.

I can change the settings for Input Controllers by editing the
~/.gimp-2.1/controllerrc file, but where are the keyboard shortcuts for the
Interface menu saved?