On Fri, Aug 13, 2004 at 12:39:29AM +0200, Sven Neumann wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Carol Spears <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
>
> > gimp2 has a "Document History" dialog.  this is confusing windows-speak
> > that means "Image History".  i am very sorry about the change in the
> > naming of things from smart to stupid like this,
>
> Imaqe History would probably be a better name but I don't think you
> ever suggested that before. Why not? Needless to rant on the user list
> when you could be doing helpful suggestions instead.

confusing windows speak is not a rant, it is an identifier. and this
identifier helps to understand it when the same problem comes up with
later problems.

what you mailed is a rant.  demanding that i dont give long term help.

i was surprised that the windows-speak entered onto my linux box.

i am also uncertain when and where these decisions are made.  so you are
ranting at a user dealing with changes made to her computer.  please
stop.

one day, i will probably wake up to find a "My Computer" icon on my
linux box users desktop.  i will not rant, i will probably quit and let
the stupidity take over.  not a rant -- a plan.  a seeing into the
future that i hope is really really wrong.

as always, nice responding to your response.  the gimp is cool, thanks
for all the documents.

carol