On Sat, 14 Aug 2004 08:30:18 -0400
Gary Montalbine <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote the words:

> Linux GIMP wrote:
> > Talking about thumbnail viewers:
> >
> > First off,  I have also searched for a thumbnail viewer that will
> > show xcf files.  I have GThumb installed (Gentoo box) and it does
> > not show my xcf file thumbnails.  I have searched for any type of
> > settings/preferences dialogue but found nothing.
> >
> > I would also kill for a viewer which can read bzipped files.  I have
> > huge tiff files which I scan in then manipulate.  I keep in
> > originals int tif.bz2 format.  The "open file" dialogue box is the
> > only thingy I have found capable of generating & showing a thumbnail
> > of these files.
> >
> > Any suggestions or hits with the stupid stick that you can send my
> > way?
> >
> > As ever I am grateful.
> > Adrain
> >

> I stumbled on Nautilus. A program that shows the thumbnails once I
> create them in the "open file" dialogue box. I can now see a whole
> directory of thumbnails.
>
> Nautilus might be the file manager for gnome.
>
> Gary

You are correct that Nautilus is a file manager for Gnome.  I have it
installed and just played around with it.  It shows thumbnails for
neither xcf files nor tif.bz2 files, even though I have created
thumbnails for those images in Gimp via the "open file" dialogue box.

But you say this works on your system??  So I wonder what could be the
difference . . .

--
On The Fly Photography -:- Creation From Chaos

On The Fly Photography:  http://204EastSouth.com
Purchase from On The Fly:  http://www.cafepress.com/onthefly