Hi all,

    I think I may have posted about this before but I dont think I got
a reply so forgive me for posting again.
    Im pretty new to the Gimp and so far Ive been trying to do some
photoshop tutorials in it but I am having a major problem getting one
of the effects the same as in PS.
The effect is the Chrome one that is in PS. The tool dialog looks like this:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v354/drakonslair/Chrome/chromesetting.jpg

Basically its starts out with a black background with five flares in
it, one in each corner and one in the center. After the chrome effect
is applied the image should resemble this:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v354/drakonslair/Chrome/afterstep5.jpg

I want to end up with something that looks like this:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v354/drakonslair/Chrome/finaleffect.jpg

I used the Tomcat tutorial to get something similar but its not really
good enough so I was hoping you could help

Really appreciate any help
Gerry