Thanks for the info, but I don't have filters / generic / exif browser menu.

Also, if gimp is going to show me the screen resolution which I
already know instead of the true resolution of the image then how do I
determine the true resolution?  That seems some what worthless to show
me the screen resolution when asking for image properties doesn't it?

Thanks,

glenn