Hello,

I've got further with installation of GIMP 2 on Solaris, but have hit
a problem in the Gtk installation, message included below.

Once again, is anyone using GIMP 2 on Solaris ?
Any help gratefully received.

Colin

gunthorpe$ make
make  all-recursive
Making all in po
Making all in po-properties
Making all in gdk-pixbuf
make  all-recursive
Making all in pixops
Making all in gdk
make  all-recursive
Making all in x11
Making all in gtk
make  all-recursive
Making all in stock-icons
Making all in theme-bits
Making all in xdgmime
Making all in modules
Making all in input
if /bin/bash ../../libtool --mode=compile gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I../..  -I../..
                          -I../../gdk                             -I../../gdk
                   -DG_DISABLE_DEPRECATED
-DGDK_PIXBUF_DISABLE_DEPRECATED                         -DGDK_DISABLE_DEPRECATED
                 -DGTK_DISABLE_DEPRECATED
-DG_DISABLE_CAST_CHECKS
 -threads -I/usr/local/include/glib-2.0 -I/usr/local/lib/glib-2.0/include
-I/usr/local/include/pango-1.0 -I/usr/local/include -I/usr/openwin/include
-I/usr/local/include/freetype2 -I/usr/local/include/atk-1.0    -mcpu=v9 -Wall -MT
gtkimcontextxim.lo -MD -MP -MF ".deps/gtkimcontextxim.Tpo" \
  -c -o gtkimcontextxim.lo `test -f 'gtkimcontextxim.c' || echo
'./'`gtkimcontextxim.c; \
then mv -f ".deps/gtkimcontextxim.Tpo" ".deps/gtkimcontextxim.Plo"; \
else rm -f ".deps/gtkimcontextxim.Tpo"; exit 1; \
fi
 gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I../.. -I../.. -I../../gdk -I../../gdk
-DG_DISABLE_DEPRECATED -DGDK_PIXBUF_DISABLE_DEPRECATED -DGDK_DISABLE_DEPRECATED
-DGTK_DISABLE_DEPRECATED -DG_DISABLE_CAST_CHECKS -threads
-I/usr/local/include/glib-2.0 -I/usr/local/lib/glib-2.0/include
-I/usr/local/include/pango-1.0 -I/usr/local/include -I/usr/openwin/include
-I/usr/local/include/freetype2 -I/usr/local/include/atk-1.0 -mcpu=v9 -Wall -MT
gtkimcontextxim.lo -MD -MP -MF .deps/gtkimcontextxim.Tpo -c gtkimcontextxim.c  -fPIC
-DPIC -o .libs/gtkimcontextxim.o
cc1: warning: changing search order for system directory "/usr/local/include"
cc1: warning:   as it has already been specified as a non-system directory
In file included from ../../gdk/x11/gdkx.h:33,
                 from gtkimcontextxim.h:24,
                 from gtkimcontextxim.c:29:
/usr/openwin/include/X11/Xlib.h:32: warning: ignoring #pragma ident
In file included from ../../gdk/x11/gdkx.h:34,
                 from gtkimcontextxim.h:24,
                 from gtkimcontextxim.c:29:
/usr/openwin/include/X11/Xutil.h:56: warning: ignoring #pragma ident
gtkimcontextxim.c:67: parse error before "XICCallback"
gtkimcontextxim.c:67: warning: no semicolon at end of struct or union
gtkimcontextxim.c:71: parse error before ':' token
gtkimcontextxim.c:72: parse error before ':' token
gtkimcontextxim.c:73: parse error before ':' token
gtkimcontextxim.c:74: parse error before ':' token
gtkimcontextxim.c:75: parse error before ':' token
gtkimcontextxim.c: In function `gtk_im_context_xim_register_type':
gtkimcontextxim.c:166: sizeof applied to an incomplete type
gtkimcontextxim.c: In function `setup_im':
gtkimcontextxim.c:316: warning: implicit declaration of function `XSetIMValues'
gtkimcontextxim.c: In function `xim_instantiate_callback':
gtkimcontextxim.c:428: warning: passing arg 5 of `XUnregisterIMInstantiateCallback'
from incompatible pointer type
gtkimcontextxim.c:428: warning: passing arg 6 of `XUnregisterIMInstantiateCallback'
from incompatible pointer type
gtkimcontextxim.c: In function `xim_info_try_im':
gtkimcontextxim.c:453: warning: passing arg 5 of `XRegisterIMInstantiateCallback' from
incompatible pointer type
gtkimcontextxim.c:453: warning: passing arg 6 of `XRegisterIMInstantiateCallback' from
incompatible pointer type
gtkimcontextxim.c: In function `gtk_im_context_xim_init':
gtkimcontextxim.c:554: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
gtkimcontextxim.c:555: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
gtkimcontextxim.c:556: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
gtkimcontextxim.c:557: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
gtkimcontextxim.c:558: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
gtkimcontextxim.c: In function `gtk_im_context_xim_finalize':
gtkimcontextxim.c:566: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
gtkimcontextxim.c:570: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
gtkimcontextxim.c:571: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
gtkimcontextxim.c: In function `reinitialize_ic':
gtkimcontextxim.c:579: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
gtkimcontextxim.c:581: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
gtkimcontextxim.c:582: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
gtkimcontextxim.c:585: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
gtkimcontextxim.c:587: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
gtkimcontextxim.c:588: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
gtkimcontextxim.c:596: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
gtkimcontextxim.c: In function `set_ic_client_window':
gtkimcontextxim.c:604: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
gtkimcontextxim.c:606: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
gtkimcontextxim.c:606: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
gtkimcontextxim.c:607: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
gtkimcontextxim.c:610: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
gtkimcontextxim.c:612: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
gtkimcontextxim.c:614: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
gtkimcontextxim.c:614: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
gtkimcontextxim.c:614: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
gtkimcontextxim.c:615: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
gtkimcontextxim.c:615: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
gtkimcontextxim.c: In function `gtk_im_context_xim_new':
gtkimcontextxim.c:638: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
gtkimcontextxim.c:641: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
gtkimcontextxim.c: In function `mb_to_utf8':
gtkimcontextxim.c:653: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
gtkimcontextxim.c:658: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
gtkimcontextxim.c: In function `gtk_im_context_xim_filter_keypress':
gtkimcontextxim.c:687: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
gtkimcontextxim.c:704: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
gtkimcontextxim.c: In function `gtk_im_context_xim_focus_in':
gtkimcontextxim.c:762: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
gtkimcontextxim.c:766: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
gtkimcontextxim.c: In function `gtk_im_context_xim_focus_out':
gtkimcontextxim.c:781: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
gtkimcontextxim.c:785: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
gtkimcontextxim.c: In function `gtk_im_context_xim_set_use_preedit':
gtkimcontextxim.c:830: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
gtkimcontextxim.c:832: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
gtkimcontextxim.c: In function `gtk_im_context_xim_reset':
gtkimcontextxim.c:855: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
gtkimcontextxim.c:890: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
gtkimcontextxim.c:892: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
gtkimcontextxim.c: In function `gtk_im_context_xim_get_preedit_string':
gtkimcontextxim.c:950: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
gtkimcontextxim.c:950: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
gtkimcontextxim.c:960: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
gtkimcontextxim.c:962: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
gtkimcontextxim.c:983: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
gtkimcontextxim.c: In function `preedit_start_callback':
gtkimcontextxim.c:994: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
gtkimcontextxim.c: In function `preedit_done_callback':
gtkimcontextxim.c:1008: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
gtkimcontextxim.c:1010: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
gtkimcontextxim.c:1011: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
gtkimcontextxim.c:1015: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
gtkimcontextxim.c: In function `xim_text_to_utf8':
gtkimcontextxim.c:1035: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
gtkimcontextxim.c:1041: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
gtkimcontextxim.c: In function `preedit_draw_callback':
gtkimcontextxim.c:1087: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
gtkimcontextxim.c:1087: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
gtkimcontextxim.c:1088: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
gtkimcontextxim.c:1088: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
gtkimcontextxim.c:1090: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
gtkimcontextxim.c:1094: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
gtkimcontextxim.c:1104: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
gtkimcontextxim.c:1106: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
gtkimcontextxim.c:1108: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
gtkimcontextxim.c:1109: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
gtkimcontextxim.c:1109: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
gtkimcontextxim.c:1110: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
gtkimcontextxim.c:1110: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
gtkimcontextxim.c:1115: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
gtkimcontextxim.c:1117: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
gtkimcontextxim.c:1117: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
gtkimcontextxim.c:1118: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
gtkimcontextxim.c:1118: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
gtkimcontextxim.c:1123: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
gtkimcontextxim.c:1125: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
gtkimcontextxim.c:1125: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
gtkimcontextxim.c:1126: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
gtkimcontextxim.c:1126: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
gtkimcontextxim.c:1132: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
gtkimcontextxim.c:1133: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
gtkimcontextxim.c:1136: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
gtkimcontextxim.c:1141: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
gtkimcontextxim.c: In function `preedit_caret_callback':
gtkimcontextxim.c:1155: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
gtkimcontextxim.c:1156: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
gtkimcontextxim.c: In function `status_draw_callback':
gtkimcontextxim.c:1194: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
gtkimcontextxim.c:1195: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
gtkimcontextxim.c: In function `set_preedit_callback':
gtkimcontextxim.c:1320: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
gtkimcontextxim.c:1321: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
gtkimcontextxim.c:1322: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
gtkimcontextxim.c:1323: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
gtkimcontextxim.c:1324: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
gtkimcontextxim.c:1325: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
gtkimcontextxim.c:1326: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
gtkimcontextxim.c:1327: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
gtkimcontextxim.c:1329: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
gtkimcontextxim.c:1330: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
gtkimcontextxim.c:1331: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
gtkimcontextxim.c:1332: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
gtkimcontextxim.c: In function `set_status_callback':
gtkimcontextxim.c:1339: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
gtkimcontextxim.c:1340: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
gtkimcontextxim.c:1341: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
gtkimcontextxim.c:1342: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
gtkimcontextxim.c:1343: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
gtkimcontextxim.c:1344: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
gtkimcontextxim.c:1347: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
gtkimcontextxim.c:1348: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
gtkimcontextxim.c:1349: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
gtkimcontextxim.c: In function `set_string_conversion_callback':
gtkimcontextxim.c:1357: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
gtkimcontextxim.c:1360: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
gtkimcontextxim.c:1361: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
gtkimcontextxim.c:1361: `XICProc' undeclared (first use in this function)
gtkimcontextxim.c:1361: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
gtkimcontextxim.c:1361: for each function it appears in.)
gtkimcontextxim.c:1361: parse error before "string_conversion_callback"
gtkimcontextxim.c:1365: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
gtkimcontextxim.c: In function `gtk_im_context_xim_get_ic':
gtkimcontextxim.c:1372: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
gtkimcontextxim.c:1372: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
gtkimcontextxim.c:1375: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
gtkimcontextxim.c:1384: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
gtkimcontextxim.c:1385: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
gtkimcontextxim.c:1391: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
gtkimcontextxim.c:1396: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
gtkimcontextxim.c:1410: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
gtkimcontextxim.c:1415: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
gtkimcontextxim.c:1417: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
gtkimcontextxim.c:1438: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
gtkimcontextxim.c:1442: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
gtkimcontextxim.c:1446: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
gtkimcontextxim.c:1449: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
gtkimcontextxim.c: In function `disclaim_status_window':
gtkimcontextxim.c:1492: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
gtkimcontextxim.c:1494: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
gtkimcontextxim.c:1496: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
gtkimcontextxim.c:1498: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
gtkimcontextxim.c:1499: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
gtkimcontextxim.c: In function `claim_status_window':
gtkimcontextxim.c:1508: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
gtkimcontextxim.c:1508: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
gtkimcontextxim.c:1510: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
gtkimcontextxim.c:1519: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
gtkimcontextxim.c: In function `update_status_window':
gtkimcontextxim.c:1530: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
gtkimcontextxim.c:1530: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
gtkimcontextxim.c:1530: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
gtkimcontextxim.c: In function `update_in_toplevel':
gtkimcontextxim.c:1541: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
gtkimcontextxim.c:1543: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
gtkimcontextxim.c:1545: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
gtkimcontextxim.c:1548: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
gtkimcontextxim.c:1551: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
gtkimcontextxim.c:1552: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
gtkimcontextxim.c: In function `update_client_widget':
gtkimcontextxim.c:1596: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
gtkimcontextxim.c:1598: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
gtkimcontextxim.c:1600: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
gtkimcontextxim.c:1604: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
gtkimcontextxim.c:1606: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
gtkimcontextxim.c:1607: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
gtkimcontextxim.c:1611: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
gtkimcontextxim.c: In function `status_window_free':
gtkimcontextxim.c:1679: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
gtkimcontextxim.c: At top level:
gtkimcontextxim.c:1205: warning: `string_conversion_callback' defined but not used
*** Error code 1
make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `gtkimcontextxim.lo'
Current working directory /work/cczcb/gtk+-2.4.1/modules/input
*** Error code 1
make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `all-recursive'
Current working directory /work/cczcb/gtk+-2.4.1/modules
*** Error code 1
make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `all-recursive'
Current working directory /work/cczcb/gtk+-2.4.1
*** Error code 1
make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `all'

Dr. Colin Bannister
Information Services
Cripps Computing Centre
Tel: 0115 9513326