Just a while back I had to deal with a windows ico file also.  One thing
you can do is use XnView to convert them all to a different file type.

Of course this may not work for exactly what you are trying to do, but
I'm just trying to provide you with one more option.

HTH
Adrian

On Thu, 02 Sep 2004 16:33:38 +0800
Zhang Weiwu <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote the words:

> Hello. My friend droped me a large collection of ico files from
> Windows, it seems GIMP 2.0.2 could not open any of them and gives a
> "the plugin could not open ico file" message.
>
> 1) is there a plugin for opening ico file?
> 2) pertty good a REF, isn't it?
>
> I don't use / like micros~1 but I need to convince my frinds into Gimp
>
> world while her old Windows collection still could use.

On The Fly Photography -:- Creation From Chaos

On The Fly Photography:  http://204EastSouth.com
Purchase from On The Fly:  http://www.cafepress.com/onthefly