On Fri, Sep 03, 2004 at 11:26:45AM -0400, Adam Stein wrote:
> Is there an easy way to have it operate only on a selected region?  The best I
> could quickly come up with was to crop the region of interest (which meant
> undoing the crop and then cropping the next area and so on).

make a copy of your selection and paste it in as a new layer.  many of
the other graphics apps never quite got the hang of layers and are
desparately trying now to catch up.

i do this the same way with gimp-2.0 as i did with gimp-1.0 and that is
make the selection Edit -->Copy; Edit -->Paste; Layer -->New Layer.

carol