On Thu, 2 Sep 2004, Sven Neumann wrote:

> Date: 02 Sep 2004 21:44:45 +0200
> From: Sven Neumann <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Cc: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Subject: Re: [Gimp-user] Shorcuts for layer blending modes
>
> Hi,
>
> CÚdric GEMY <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
>
> > It seems that shortcuts can be customized only for menuitems. Is
> > there any issue to attribute one to controls (for example, layers
> > blending modes) ?
>
> Yes, it isn't possible to assign shortcuts to items in GtkOptionMenus
> or GtkComboBoxes.
>
> There's a patch in Bugzilla however that will most likely get into
> GIMP 2.2 that will make it possible to assign keyboard shortcuts to
> "Previous Layer Mode", "Next Layer Mode".

I dont know if it is the current behaviour is intended or not but would it
be possible to change the drop down widget in the Layer dialog to hold
focus, so that when you press up or down rather moving to the next widget
you would instead switch to the next mode in the list?

Other keyboard shortcuts for changing mode would still be useful as they
would save users switching to the context of the Layer dialog.  My
suggestion is similar but seperate.

- Alan