Carol Spears wrote:
On Sun, Sep 05, 2004 at 09:28:55PM +0200, Simon Budig wrote:

You have yet to explain what is so bad to design a file selector so that
Luis' mother can use it. I think this is a great goal (although the GTK+
developers did overshot a bit, hampering the usability for
computer-savvy people). And since GUI design and usability is not a pure
"technical" topic the illustrative answer "it was designed so that my
mother can use" is a perfectly valid answer. There very well might be no
answer that suits your implied "technical" request.

http://carol.gimp.org/gimp/basics/gui/fileselector/index.html http://carol.gimp.org/gimp/basics/gui/fileselector/console.html

After reviewing the change, I agree it is for the worse. I was quite pleased when I stumbled on the tab completion in the GIMP. I much prefer the older flavor which includes the tab completion as well as the drop down directory selection.

--
Until later, Geoffrey       Registered Linux User #108567
                            AT&T Certified UNIX System Programmer - 1995