happy birthday, Sven, btw.  are you old enough to drink alcohol in the
united states legally yet?

On Tue, Sep 14, 2004 at 12:48:26AM +0200, Sven Neumann wrote:
> Carol Spears <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
>
> > the most reliable "Copy Visible" for me has always been and will
> > continue to be this:
> >   <Image> -->Image -->Merge Visible Layers (think about those options
> >       that you are presented, depending on what you need from this
> >       special layer each of them are useful)
> >   <Image> -->Edit -->Copy
> >   <Image> -->Edit -->Undo
> > this gives you just as much as the original Copy Visible script did.
>
> This is basically what the Copy Visible script is doing. Well, more
> precisely what it does is:
>
> 1. Duplicate the image
> 2. Merge Visible Layers
> 3. Copy
> 4. Delete the duplicate

Merge Visible is a script-fu or a C plug-in?  I only know that it is
only a plug-in and not a tool.  just because it is more fun to guess
than it is to look it up, i guess that merge visible was a script-fu
that got written to help with jtl's logos?

> > the original script was written in perl.  perhaps installing perl will
> > also fix your problems with the current script.  i havent investigated
> > this yet.  what you find confusing is a script-fu that some guy took
> > about 2 minutes to write one evening on #gimp.  he said it was two
> > lines.
>
> I don't even remember a perl version of this script. Are you certain
> that one exists?

funny.  this is not an argument or even an incorrect statement but it is
so deceptive in its ability to state the truth and almost sidetrack from
things.  i do get to play with the giants of bull, dont i?

i must ask you, did you ever install gimp-perl, much less use it?  i
don't remember this ever occuring.  maybe some solemn vows and promises
to never use it but at no time can i recall you ever installing
gimp-perl and using it.

i agree, you would not remember that which you never used.

when was the current one written? i think at the beginning of the last
third of gimp-1.3 development.

i didnt really like this one.

carol