On Fri, 17 Sep 2004, GSR - FR wrote:

> Date: Fri, 17 Sep 2004 22:01:59 +0200
> Subject: [Gimp-user] [OT] Some other app (was: gimp in one window)
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] (2004-09-17 at 2307.46 +0200):
> > information. my question is: is it possible to have gimp in one window? like
> > in other graphic programs - not to mention photoshop or photo-paint. i found
> Now that you raise the issue, I wonder what is going in in the
> following image http://www.deviantart.com/view/8257589/.

> New method?
> Optional setting? It reminds me of the same app in MacOS (where I
> always found it as a bunch of windows), but it is the first time I see
> that in MSWindows version.

If I understand your comments correctly you seem to think that this
version of Adobe Photoshop is somehow differnt because the windows
appear to be seperate.

What this screenshot shows is not anything different from what photoshop
has been in the past, however it does look a little different because the
main window has been resized (the toolbox and palettes have stayed where
they normally are, only now they happen to fall outside the main window)
and the image window is maximized to fit the main window but it is still a
window inside a window (note the min/max/close window icons barely
visible on the top right).

It is difficult to describe it clearly but this layout of photoshop is
nothing new, it is more optional settings as you said.

Alan Horkan

I love Inkscape  http://inkscape.org
Free SVG Clip Art http://OpenClipArt.org