On Tue, Sep 21, 2004 at 04:20:54AM +0000, Eric Pierce wrote:
> This is probably insanely simple.
>
> I'm trying to compile 2.1.5, so I had to update glib (2.4.6) on my system which I
> did with '--enable-shared' config flag.  All went well.
>
> Then, gtk 2.4.9 configured (with --enable-shared) fine, but during 'make' it exists
> out looking for /opt/gnome/lib/libgobject-2.0.la which glib placed here:
> /usr/local/lib/libgobject-2.0.la
>
> What config option do I need to tell gtk where libgobject-2.0.la is now?

i think running ldconfig fixes this.

> I know this is really a question for GTK's mailing list, but I don't feel like
> budging from the cozy comform of the gimp list.

others have suggested that you make sure about your pkg-config stuff.
there is a script, available on www.gimp.org that sets this for you:

http://www.gimp.org/source/howtos/gimpenv

with the console you are doing the building with, type "source gimpenv"
and all the bothersome paths get set.

carol