Michael Wagner wrote:
Hello,

I have a dump question: How do I paint a dashed or dash-dotted line in gimp?
Thanks

Michael

---
Michael Wagner
www.callacd.com - Ihr persönlicher Downloadservice

Select the path tool (7th tool, between the cissors and the colour picker, or press B) and click or your image at the start point and at the end point. You should see two round dots linked by a thin line.

Then go to the Paths dialog (usually, it is the third tab in the Layers, Channels and Paths window). There is an icon, just before a trashcan which is called "stroke path" (you can also access it via the right click in the Paths stack area above the icons).
This should open the "stroke options" window, where you can select the style you want for the dashes.

Best regards,

Olivier.