* and then olivier ripoll declared....
> >Right, do you think that photo is now rubbish? do i need to start over
> >from the beggining?
>
> No, but you will not obtain a final good result with only the eraser or
> the magic wand selection tool. At some point you need a tool where you
> can select and deselect easily, on a pixel-per-pixel level, and with a
> border that will be "feathered" (smooth). The quickmask, with the paint
> brush tool and a smooth small round brush (1, 3 or 5 pixels diameter) is
> the perfect tool.

Right, I actually got on really well with using a layer mask! - However,
now i am down to the very fine details im not sure i have the right
brush. You mentioned 'feathered' but i dont see that in the tool
options? Im using a 3px fuzzy circle, is that the same thing? my lines
are a little jagged ;(

I didnt miss all your other points, thanks! Im just concenttrating on
this one...

--
Nick W