I have a need to sometimes change the colour of a sky on a picture while
leaving the clouds unchanged.
In gimp 1.2 I do this by using the Decompose to Hue, Saturation and
Value function, then taking the Saturation, inverting the black to white
values and copying and pasting this to a layer mask on the original
image. This set the blue saturated clear sky to varying degrees of
transparency, depending on how deep the blue was, leaving the monochrome
clouds unchanged. A layer could then be placed behind with the desired
sky colour.

I now have Gimp 2.0 installed, but have not found a way of getting the
same results. There doesn't appear to be anything that can turn a
picture into a grey scale based on colour saturation.
Is there a way of doing this, or another way of changing just the sky
colour? I'm currently using the vastly superior version 2.0 for
everything, except this one task where I have to revert to 1.2.

Ta very much,  Jen
--
"On a planet of peril she dared to defy its evil rulers."